Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Not-So-Crafty Old Crafty

Such a pretty bird.
Usually in my adventures through Azeroth, I try for two things - Lord Aurius Rivendare and the Heroic: Sethekk Halls mounts. I'm taking a (slightly) frustrated break from these two. I'm still under 100 kills for each of these and I know I'll be working at them forever. I would probably do better with finding them in a Call-to-Arms bag with the drop rate.


I am not usually lucky in getting mounts to drop and when they do and I'm with other people, I never get them. This is also the case for me getting the last piece I need in my raiding set. There's usually that one thing that holds you back from getting what you need to complete it and for me, that's my shoulders. It took me until after the Hour of Twilight dungeons released to finally get an upgrade to better shoulders from the ZA/ZG runs. I already hated the place and the fact that it wouldn't give me a much better item made me dislike it anymore.

Rivendare, give me your mount, you jerk!

Fast forward to months after the HoT heroics have been released and I'm still in my ZA/ZG shoulders that I got months ago. Raiding hasn't even been kind to me in that regard. So now I start hitting up the Archbishop every day instead of running randoms and I finally get my shoulders to drop not long after that and my iLvl finally raises enough and I hit Cataclysmically Epic. Finally! I'm rather pleased with that and go on to knock out some lower achievements that day to work on Loremaster and some Lich King achievements that I missed.

At the end of the day, I decide to set myself down and do a little bit of fishing in Orgrimmar just for the heck of it. Okay, I did have a reason. Usually my bags are almost always full to the brim with random items. I'll admit that I'm a bit of a hoarder in WoW and sometime I'll post about some of the things I have picked up along the way. So here I was with about eight or nine empty slots and a free moment so I plop myself down and decide to fish enough to fill up my bags. With my bags almost full, I manage to fish up this.


I got my shoulders to finally drop and I fished up an achievement in one day. Thinking it may just be my lucky day, I try for my dailies but no Raven Lord or Deathcharger. Apparently, this luck isn't something I could push.
Off-hand-ing Old Crafty!

I am still rather pleased I got this off-hand fancy fish. Although, I was rather disappointed to find out that I couldn't go out and slap someone with it. As with most things, I'll just keep this in my bags/bank as a souvenir for something silly later on.

And if you try mounting with a weapon and a fish, it looks like you're getting it sliced for cooking!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment