Thursday, May 24, 2012

Archaeology - Northrend


It seems as though I am still on a archaeology kick since my last post. I took a little break to /love some critters (for the achievements, of course) and do a little fishing but I am going to assume this interest is going to continue until I move onto to solving the rest of the continents or just become filled with irritation at common finds and flying everywhere via flight points.

Since I last posted, I went to work on finding Northrend artifacts. I was hoping as I started out that it would be like Outlands and I would only come across two different types of dig sites. Sadly, this is not the case. I have found Night Elf and Troll out here, as well as Nerubian and Vykrul. I wouldn't have been so bothered about it if there was only one or two sites for each but I acquired so many that I had to start solving them. It wouldn't have been too much of a problem if I didn't find a Night Elf rare.

I have to admit that I was a little superstitious when it came to Archaeology. I only wanted to solve one artifact once I got that rare - the rare itself. If I had to solve one of the others, then I'd have to solve it but I definitely didn't want to. Getting a Night Elf rare in Northrend put me in the situation when I found my superstition was invalid.

At two points, I did have two rares in my book. The Wisp Amulet and the Blessing of the Old God and then later the Nifflevar Bearded Axe and the still unfinished Wisp Amulet, as of course I could never get Night Elf dig sites once I picked up that rare. As I took flights all across Northrend trying to get Night Elf sites, my Vykrul and Nerubian start stacking up, so solving those two rares were rather a breeze.

The first Northrend rare I found was the Vrykul Drinking Horn and my last was Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron. I also solved the Voodoo Figurine while I was out there as it just did not want to give me the Puzzle Box for quite some time. Of course, just as I had trouble finding Night Elf dig sites in Northrend when I had the Amulet, I had trouble getting Troll dig sites when I had the Voodoo Figurine. Once I did manage to get the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, of course, I had difficulty finding Nerubian dig sites for it. I have a new hypothesis that once you get a rare, dig sites for that one can be so difficult to find. I am dreading how long it's going to take for my Tol'vir pieces to be complete.

On a slightly related note, while hunting down dig sites, I managed to get two rares for my Frostbitten Achievement (Zul'drak Sentinel and Syreian the Bonecarver). I also came across, to my surprise, the Time Lost Proto Drake, which I managed to get for my main and took a little time out to camp Skoll for my husband while I was working on other things.
I never thought I would get this!
After (finally) solving the Puzzle Box, which now whispers sweet, sweet, creepy things to me, I solved all the extra Troll & Night Elf pieces I had and ended up getting another rare Night Elf to solve. As Northrend archeology took me much longer that Outlands, I am debating taking a break from it before I move onto solving the rest of the artifacts.

I have reset my hearth to Eastern Kingdoms now just in case I do decide to continue doing Archeology. If not, I will at least be close to popping over to the Service Entrance of Stratholme for my daily run. 

Here's my Excel listings I made for my Northrend finds. I'll include Night Elf and Troll finds in one of my other posts.

Blessing of the Old God
Nerubian
Name Fragments Type Discovery Dates Notes
Blessing of the Old God 140 Rare
Toy





Ewer of Jormungar Blood 45 Common






Gruesome Heart Box 45 Common






Infested Ruby Ring 45 Common






Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron 140 Rare
Toy





Scepter of Nezar'Azret 45 Common
Part of the Seven Scepters
Achievement





Six-Clawed Cornice 45 Common






Spidery Sundial 45 Common






Vizier's Scrawled Streamer 45 Common


Vrykul Drinking Horn
Vrykul
Name Fragments Type Discovery Dates Notes
Fanged Cloak Pin 45 Common






Flint Striker 45 Common






Intricate Treasure Chest Key 45 Common






Nifflevar Bearded Axe 130 Rare
Agility Axe





Scramseax 45 Common






Thorned Necklace 45 Common






Vrykul Drinking Horn 100 Rare
Toy


Dig sites I came across:

Night Elf
Crystalsong Forest



  • Violet Stand/
    Crystalsong Forest



  • Ruins of Shandaral


Borean Tundra



  • Riplash Ruins


Dragonblight



  • Glittering Strand



  • Moonrest Gardens
Nerubian
Borean Tundra



  • Temple City of En'kilah



  • Borean Tundra/
    Sands of Nasam



  • Talramas
Icecrown



  • Scourgeholme



  • Scourgeholme/
    The Pit of Fiends
Zul'Drak



  • Kolramas
Dragonblight



  • Icemist Village/
    Stars' Rest

Troll 
Zul'Drak



  • Alter of Quetz'lun



  • Alter of Sseratus



  • Zim'Rhuk



  • Zol'Heb


Grizzly Hills



  • Drakil'jin Ruins

Vrykul 

The Storm Peaks



  • Brunnhildar Village


Howling Fjord



  • Baleheim



  • Nifflevar



  • Wyrmskull Village



  • Skorn



  • Shield Hill



  • Gjalerbron



  • Halgrind


Grizzly Hills



  • Voldrune


Icecrown



  • Ymirheim



  • Njorndar Village



  • Jotunheim

No comments:

Post a Comment