Thursday, March 15, 2012

Manly man hands



When news started coming out about Mists of Pandaria and the new character models (which, I have heard is something they have been talking about for a while), I couldn't quite understand why they wanted to redo them. Personally, I like the way most of them look but I also understand that some of these models have been around since the creation of World of Warcraft so the technology has advanced a little since then.

Before we get new models in (whenever that will actually be), I wanted to do a series of post on the hands and feet of the characters we have now. I want to focus on this because as an artist, I know how hard it is to draw hands -- all those digits going this way or that so I'm sure animating it must be even more of a pain. I also have never really studied anyone's feet in the game (what a strange thing to say), so I suppose that section will be a learning experience for me.

My computer isn't a gaming computer so these are just the graphics I use on a daily basis. I'll go back and do a compare and contrast with a lot of these on a fancy computer once I have a bit more time. With a bigger screen and excellent graphics, I'm sure there will be a bit of a difference but the shapes for the most part (which is what this is really concentrating on) should really just be the same.

DISCO!
This post will focus on Human Men. I currently don't have any myself so I rolled one on a random server and screen capped him doing different things so there would be different angles of his hands. I probably shouldn't have chosen his features at random since I really didn't make him as best as I could have but it works for him just being a Hand Model.

Whoops. Guess I hurt his feelings.

I've nicknamed him George Costanza, for all you Seinfeld fans.

Fighting.


I don't really know what this was.



Fisticuffs
He looks like he has Lego hands from this angle.
Dancing, which looks more like pointing.

Stop. /No

I tried to get some better pictures of his hands without the purple robe but I don't think getting rid of it helped much.


Even more dancing. Which he looks thrilled about

/Kneel
Invisible car!
/roar
Sit
Rock on.

See you next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment