Monday, February 27, 2012

Mawwwwwwwage. Actually, it's a wedding that brings you here together, today.

I know I haven't mentioned it yet, but I am getting married in a few months. I still have a lot of planning to do in regards to it and oh, I am making my own wedding dress. (I'll post pictures of the process later.)

Right now, we're working on favors. We've gone through many ideas in regards to a 'theme' for our wedding and I think we're just going to try to make the day into something that we will enjoy.

I'll be honest with you: I never wanted to get married. I never dreamed about having a wedding day. I never dreamed about who I was going to marry because I was convinced I was going to live with lots of cats and be one of those eccentric women until I died. Of course, I may be one of those women until I die but now I am getting married so I need to figure all this stuff out.

I've considered that someday (ten plus years from now) perhaps I should make my own daughters (if I ever have any) think about their wedding day since I've had so much trouble decided on things for my own but I've decided that they (whatever women they may grown up to be) should make their own decisions on things. School was my main concern growing up and then it was college and work. Not boys. Not relationship and definitely not marriage.

Personally, I don't understand the big hoopla over the wedding day. Maybe it's just me but wouldn't you be excited to spend every day with your companion, not just the very first one? True, this is the day you are pledging in front of others that you will keep a vow to your partner but isn't this something you already agreed to on the day you got engaged?

We have been singularly devoted to each other since our first date. There were no others in our relationship that we dated or had short flings with. Of course, we have our ups and down over the past few years but I enjoy the time we have spent together and I am excited to see what else it will hold.

As for these wedding 'themes' and so forth? People can assume we're having a Steampunk Wedding, Classical Wedding or a full out Geeky Wedding but really, what we're doing is a wedding that shows who were are and what we enjoy. Those styles we like? In the wedding. Those dorky things we enjoy? In the wedding. There's no label we're putting on it. I can't say I'm a big fan of labeling everything anyway. It's just gonna be our day and we want to have some fun to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment